Employment with Mind in the Vale
From time to time Mind in the Vale of Glamorgan has job vacancies. In all aspects of our work, we recognise the positive value of diversity, promote equality and challenge discrimination. We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds.
THERE ARE NO JOB VACANCIES AT PRESENT
HOWEVER YOU COULD VOLUNTEER
What can you as a Volunteer expect from us?
- Volunteer agreements and Voluntary Work outlines
All Mind in the Vale of Glamorgan volunteers will receive (or have access to) the Mind in the Vale of Glamorgan Policies and Procedures. Volunteers will be included in Project staff team meetings and have access to the same training / career development opportunities as paid staff.
Mind in the Vale of Glamorgan’s equal opportunities policy is specific in its contribution to ensuring equal access of opportunities to service users, and staff, this ethos is central to the recruitment and deployment of volunteers. A copy of the equal opportunities policy is available to volunteers.
It is an underpinning principle that volunteers should not be out of pocket when working in a voluntary role. Wherever possible, volunteers will be reimbursed for any out of pocket expenses they may incur while volunteering with Mind in the Vale.
Mind in the Vale of Glamorgan volunteers will be covered under the Mind in the Vale Public Liability Insurance. This covers injury, loss or damage caused to any person as a result of the organisations negligence.
Part of Mind in the Vale of Glamorgan’s responsibility towards its volunteers is to ensure that they are not placed in vulnerable situations during their work time or as a result of work placements.
How to apply to be a Volunteer
- Download the application pack
- Fill in the 2 page Volunteer Application
- Provide us with the details of two referees
- Read and Sign the Confidentiality Statement
- Return all 3 documents to us by post or e-mail
- We will then review your application and contact you to discuss how you can best contribute to the efforts of Mind in the Vale of Glamorgan
- If you have any questions about the above process, please feel free to contact us.
- Please be aware that most volunteer positions will require a Criminal Records check to be conducted before voluntary work can be started.