Barry Centre - covering Central Vale
The Barry Centre is an open access mental health centre located in Barry supporting people with mental health problems.
Summary of aims & objectives:
Mind in the Vale’s Mental Health Resource Centres aim to provide:
- A social centre with activities shaped by the people who use it
- Information on a wide range of issues and resources
- Support for people in developing the skills, experience and confidence they need to find fulfilling occupations
- Assistance in helping people get the help and support they need from other organisations
- In addition to providing information, advice and support in a friendly setting, the Barry Centre also organises activities, courses and events using a variety of community venues and resources, and hosts a range of user-led self help and social groups.
- Other resources include a user computer with internet access, a therapeutic garden, access to musical instruments etc. Good value lunches are also provided.
- A range of courses are aimed towards creative and vocational development and achieving a sense of wellbeing.
- Volunteering opportunities and support to develop the skills, experience and confidence needed to find fulfilling occupations.
- Self-help support groups.
- Outreach service for information, advice and support.
- Signposting to other agencies and organisations to help you get the support you need.
The following User-Led Groups also meet within the centre:
- Guitar Workshop – Tuesdays 4pm – 8pm
- Keep Wales Tidy – Thursday 11.30am – 12.30pm
- Men’s Group: Wednesday 10.30am – 1.30pm, User led group, activities and socialising.
- Womens Group: Wednesday 1.30Pm – 3.30pm, User led group, activities and socialising.
- Gardening Group: This group of volunteers help to maintain the Tynewydd Centres acclaimed Therapeutic Garden, for information please contact:- 01446 746191