Aims and Objectives
To achive our mission we have identified five strategic aims which, if achieved, willmake a positive contribution to the health and wellbeing of our service users.
Within each strategic aim we have established a number of objectivesthat provide a clearer focus of how we intend to deliver and measure the achievement of that aim.
To be a resource for all people in the Vale of Glamorgan who identify themselves as experincing mental and emotional distress.
- To develop socially inclusive day services in partnership with other local providers and to be integrated with other service provision within the Vale of Glamorgan.
- To explore innovative ways of enabling accessibility of services
- To maximise the potential of ICT empowering staff, the users of ICT, to deliver excellent services to our customers.
To create and develop new services which recognise the developing the developing expectations of the people who access our services.
- To work directly, or indirectly, towards ensuring gaps in local provision are highlighted and addressed.
- to explore the possibilities of, and where appropiate, develop social enterprise projects and employment related activites.
- To explore the possibilities of, and where appropiate, develop services for groups of socially excluded people in the Vale of Glamorgan.
To raise the profile of mental health issues locally through awareness raising, the provision of information and the challenging of discrimation and stigma.
- To ensure the voice and experinces of users of local mental health services are at the heart of all campaigning and awareness raising work.
- To expand the current provision of the Information Service.
- To actively participate in awareness raising of mental health issues in a varity of settings and through a variety of media.
- Maintain the principles of Best Value in all our activities.
To develop organisantional capacity in order to deliver high quailty services and support that evidence outcomes and value for money.
- To further develop a robust Quality Management process across all areas of the organistion.
- To support the devlopment of the Management Committee, Staff, Volunteers and thier work and to maximise use of current premises and facilites.
- To devolp a permance management framework that will allow the monitoring and evaluation of services
To participate in collaborative working and creative partnerships, locally in the Vale of Glamorgan and also nationally in Wales as a whole.
- To work creatively and co-operatively with other local organisitions to ensure cost effective service provision and minimal duplcation of services.
- To work towards further collaboration and joint working among Mind Associations in Wales, and ensure that ample time and resources are made available to advance this aim.